Come join us and be part of a dynamic group of individuals committed to supporting our customers’ quality of life in providing outstanding water and wastewater services. All applicants must be willing to go on call and work late when needed. In addition, this position may include overtime to meet the needs. Successful candidates must possess strong mechanical and interpersonal skills and function well within a team. The successful candidate must have a strong passion for results and be able to demonstrate impeccable attendance while working in an environment of varying temperature extremes. All candidates must be able to perform frequent physical activity in the form of lifting, pushing, pulling, standing, etc.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years job related experience and/or training
- Make sound mechanical judgments during preventive and corrective equipment maintenance
- Read and interpret OEM Manuals
- Perform mechanical piping, valve, and pump repairs
- Read precision instruments
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance in accordance with good engineering practices on utility systems.
- Water and Wastewater systems (pumps, valves, storage tanks, mixers, etc.) a plus
- Able to work in adverse temperatures, and damp environments, required
- Basic computer skills preferred a plus
- Must be able to pass background check and drug test
- Must also possess a valid Texas driver’s license with excellent driving record.
Gulf Utility Offers
- 401K with Company Matching
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Time Off /Sick Leave
- Company Vehicle
- Health/Dental/ Vision Insurance